Guided Farm Experience
This way to learn lots
DUE TO COVID-19,
Our Guided Group tours are back! Please read the following information carefully to ensure you understand the current protective measures in place:
– The farm is operating using a one way system, with additional hand washing/cleaning facilities in place, as well as new social distancing rules. We ask that you please help to ensure social distancing is adhered to between our team and your group.
– Our staff have all completed Covid-19 Awareness training, and will be there for you to help you navigate around the new system.
– Where in the past we have allowed animal handling, we hope you can understand that this will not be possible at the moment. However, we will be happy to allow teaching staff to take the animals round to allow the children to stroke the animals – providing this suits your setup with social distancing between staff and children.
– Animal feeding will still take place as normal.
– Our staff will wear appropriate PPE if required, and take your direction on this.
– We will keep our tours outdoors and in well ventilated barns.
We would also be grateful if you could please send us any instruction or documentation regarding any precautions you would like our staff to take when you visit us.
You will be sent updated risk assessments on booking!
Perfect for Schools, Cubs, Brownies and other organised groups.
Our most popular package has everything for a great day out! The day can be tailored to suit your group and any related topic you are covering, so whether it’s creepy crawlies, life cycles or anything with four legs – we’ve got it covered.
You will be with one of our friendly farm guides all day long, who will take you round the farm, tell you about the animals, and ensure you get to all activities on time. They will be on hand to answer any questions you might have as well as introduce you to some of our animals that you are able to meet, stroke and hold.
We also have several play area facilities if play time is something you want to factor into your tour – let your guide know if this is something you would like on the day.
You can also add on a tractor ride to your visit for £1 per person (seasonal).
Risk assessments, insurance and further info is supplied alongside your booking form, but we also offer a free preliminary visit pass to each school/organisation if you wish to send some staff members to the farm before the day. This is a great chance to complete your own risk assessments and ask any questions about the visit. This will be offered to you on booking.
This guided tour takes you round the animals in the
paddocks outside (where the children can feed the animals),
into our Silver Barn to hold some smaller animals, and also into
our Reptile House to meet some snakes, lizards and creepy crawlies!
Throughout the year we also have several seasonal activities which can be included in your guided tour such as goat milking and a visit to Santa.
We have an indoor heated barn to enjoy your packed lunches, plus lots of outdoor picnic areas for the summer months. A time slot for lunch will be given to you on the day and your guide will make sure you get there on time.
* An experienced farm guide for the day
* Food to feed the animals
* Exclusive animal holding/reptile stroking sessions
* Access to the play areas
* Seasonal activities
£7.95 per child
1 adult to every 5 children are free
Extra adults £7.95
1:1 carers are free of charge if required
Minimum group size of 20 paying people.
Call us to book 01623 882 977